RE: filmscanners:What is Analog Gain

Austin writes ...

> >   The Nikonscan software calls it "analog gain", but it
> > adjusts the exposure time.
>
> Thanks.  Do you have the manual?  Would you mind scanning the
> page that has that on it and emailing it to me?

  You are correct, the manual does not explitly say it increases the
integration time.  The scan takes a longer time so what it actually does is
implied.  If you take the term "gain" out of any electronic context, it
implies "time" ... that is, to "wait longer to gain more".  I'm taking it
out of electronic context because of the method Nikon uses ... no amplifier
in front of the CCD and no amplification of the illumination.

shAf  :o)

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.