Re: filmscanners: Air cleaner

David--

I've used negative ion generators as air cleaners for years.  Thes
just put out negative ions, whereas the new/current breed of "air
cleaners" seem to add to this a positively charged sheet of foam that
attracts the dust-- which is what I wanted to mention:  It's
important to realize that the ionized dust will be attracted to any
flat surfaces near the ionizer (walls, shelves, etc.), and that this
build up of dust can be very "sticky" (hard to clean off).

Just FYI.

--Bill

At 7:26 PM -1000 18-11-01, David Lewiston wrote:
>...HEPA filters are quite expensive and would have to be replaced
>frequently. Hence my interest
in an ionizer cleaner.
--

Bill Fernandez  *  User Interface Architect  *  Bill Fernandez Design

(505) 346-3080  *  bill_sub@billfernandez.com  *  http://billfernandez.com