RE: Can we please move the RAID discussion off-list? (was RE: filmscanners: Best solution for HD and images)

> Can we PLEASE take this RAID discussion off-list?

Sure, but you might want to heed your own advice, instead of throwing your
$0.02 in here too!

> And there is enough misinformation
> being thrown around here that it is just confusing everyone.

You're right, even you are doing it!  There is also a LOT of misinformation
available on the web.  The basics are typically right, but the in-depth
understanding is usually lacking.

> ...such as the fact
> that RAID 0 is indeed less reliable than a single drive

It's NOT a fact.  It's speculation.  Have you any test data to back that
claim up?  I'd be willing to bet that is an incorrect claim, based on the
reason I stated in previous posts.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.