filmscanners: Comparing the sharpness of scans

Is anyone else interested in taking a couple of photos of a resolution target
to attempt to compare the sharpness of your lenses?  I won't be able to
compare the results of the photos I took last weekend until I finish the
roll in my own camera.  I just have to think of something to use 2/3 of
a roll of 100F on...

The photos from the Canon lenses look nice.  I've scanned a couple with
a SS4000 and they don't look amazingly sharper than photos from my own camera,
but I'll need to scan the photos I took with mine on the same scanner to
compare them side by side.  One thing I noticed was that it was much easier
to focus the big lenses because the viewfinder image was much brighter.

I just priced a 43mm Pentax prime as an import from Japan.  Much cheaper
that way for me, as the Australian prices are silly.  Now I just need to
find US$450...

Rob

Rob Geraghty harper@wordweb.com
http://wordweb.com