Re: filmscanners: HP 7400c

Bernie

I responded to a more general question about flatbed scanners a couple of
weeks ago with my 7400c experience.
I bought one to see how it would handle 4x5 transparencies;  it was to
supplement my LS-8000.  The first one I had produced a faint blue line in
the direction of the scan across the entire transparency, so I figured it
had a faulty CCD array.  I returned that one, and the replacement scanner
produced a  similar but better-defined line.  I took that one back, too,
and didn't replace it.

Aside from the line, I was reasonably happy with the results.  I'm trying
to decide now whether to wait to try the Epson 2450 when it appears or try
another 7400 some time later.

Dick Chandler

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.