RE: filmscanners: creating correction curves from scannedcalibration chart?

John Brownlow writes ...

> on 11/11/01 11:53 AM, Ned Nurk at ned_nurk@hotmail.com wrote:

> > generate an icm profile for you monitor (i.e. with a color sensor) and
> > scanner and ignore the rgb values.
>
> this is nuts. loads of people, me included, edit by the numbers. ...

  I'm still trying to understand Ed's point.  Much of what he says is ok
with me, but not relevant to my question.  I do suppose I sent his thinking
astray when I asked if my equation could be used for generating RGB values
for colored patches of the photographed and scanned colored patches.  The
answer is 'no' when you realize the eq would calculated identical RGB for
any gamma=2.2 color space (e.g., AdobeRGB & sRGB) which cannot be possible.
Even I should have realized it before asking, but the eq and methiod is
accurate for neutral grays ... but is moot if your monitor & printer are not
calibrated.

shAf  :o)

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.