From: "Andrea de Polo" <andrea@alinari.it>
To: <filmscanners@halftone.co.uk>
Sent: Saturday, November 10, 2001 4:53 PM
Subject: filmscanners: Best solution for HD and images

> Hello,
>
> I have a CreoScitex scanner with attached a, Apple G4 Silver 733 with OS
9.2.1 and 1GB of ram; I noticed that the internal HD is a slow 5400rpm
UltraAta HD; question: since I work only with Photoshop and my images are
about 60mb in size and I just have to open and save them during the day (we
process about 200 images/day), I was wondering what is the best and
effective way to speed up my work: buy a scsi external HD 10.000rpm (total
cost about 650 UK pounds), OR buy an internal UltraAta 7200 rpm (total cost
about 250 UK pounds) ???

> Again, we just have to open, retouch and than save our 40mb images, but
currently I am noticing that is taking a bit to access the HD.