filmscanners: Best solution for HD and images

Hello,

I have a CreoScitex scanner with attached a, Apple G4 Silver 733 with OS 9.2.1
and 1GB of ram; I noticed that the internal HD is a slow 5400rpm UltraAta HD;
question: since I work only with Photoshop and my images are about 60mb in size
and I just have to open and save them during the day (we process about 200
images/day), I was wondering what is the best and effective way to speed up my
work: buy a scsi external HD 10.000rpm (total cost about 650 UK pounds), OR buy
an internal UltraAta 7200 rpm (total cost about 250 UK pounds) ???

Again, we just have to open, retouch and than save our 40mb images, but
currently I am noticing that is taking a bit to access the HD.

Thanks to give me your best solution for time/money issue.
Andrea
--
Fratelli Alinari Photo Archives and Museum
http://www.alinari.com