Re: filmscanners: OptiCal correction/retraction

Hi Maris--

I'm still learning like everyone else ;-).

I've been happily using PhotoCal for the past year but just upgraded
to OptiCal  so that I could take my color management to the next
level of control.

The Solux bulbs send approx 4700K light out the front, which is much
closer to a monitor's whitepoint than reguluar halogen lights.  It
uses a special reflector that lets some of the wavelengths at the red
end of the spectrum pass through, so you get the best results if
you're lighting fixture doesn't reflect them back into your viewing
space.

--Bill

--

Bill Fernandez  *  User Interface Architect  *  Bill Fernandez Design

(505) 346-3080  *  bill_sub@billfernandez.com  *  http://billfernandez.com