Re: filmscanners: RE: filmscanners: 2700ppi a limiting factor insharpness?

Don't think that these $800-3000 scanner toys we are using are the best it
will get or the best that is out there. If you have an image that is that
"good" get a drum scan from Nancy Scans (11,000 dpi?) or somewhere. If your
output only needs to be average then you can settle for average input
(photographic lenses). In the long run we are still far away from maximizing
what is scanned from what is on the slide or negative especially with the
consumer scanners were using.

I am not saying you can't get good results and sell work using these
scanners but lenses and film are more of a high quality constant than the
digital age we have just begun to get into.
--
John
Chicago, IL

on 11/6/01 5:30 PM, Rob Geraghty at harper@wordweb.com wrote:

> I'm thinking of spending a whole bunch
> of dollars on new lenses. If the difference isn't going to be significant
> in the scanned results, then I have lots of other things I need to spend
> money on.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.