Re: filmscanners: Canon 4000 ppi film scanner

"Ron Carlson" <carlson@olypen.com> wrote:
> Tom's statement is completely contrary to my experience. I 've used the
> SS4000 for about a year and a half and I don't spend on average 2 minutes
> cloning dust spots or scratches. To this point, I wouldn't have used the
> infrared channel even if I had it. Regards, Ron Carlson

YMMV - if you are buying a scanner to scan a whole bunch of old family negs
or slides which may have scratches and damage, the infra-red channel is an
essential for keeping your hair and sanity.  But I agree for new, clean
film, the SS4000 doesn't tend to show dust and scratches in the same way the
Nikon scanners do.

Rob

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.