Re: filmscanners: Canon 4000 ppi film scanner

> Is there a reason why this scanner gets so little mention on this list?
Usually people are writing if they have some problems, so I think the quality
is not so bad (LOL).
Up to today I haven't any problem with it. The results are quite good. May be
DMAX is too low (shadow details from PROVIA100F are not perfect), but I do not
have any experience with the other scanners. The raw scans from FS4000 looks
better than raw photo taken with D1.
The only correction which I am usually applying is "Auto level" and I am
reducing level of the blue channel.
Dust removal algorithm works perfectly, no blur at all.
Software works very well. The only problem is that you are not able to scan
directly to file, so you need a huge memory if you like to scan 4 frames at
once.

Tomasz