Re: filmscanners: Re: filmscanners: Pixels per inch vs DPI

"Ken Durling" <kdurling@earthlink.net> wrote:
> I see you folks recommending these "other" Epsons a lot, that aren't
> advertised with the "six color photo" printing.    Is there any real
> advantage to going  with something like the 890 or 1280 over one of
> the less expensive office color inkjets?

I can't say how the output from an Epson photo printer compares with your HP
because I haven't seen the output from the HP.  I can say that the output
from the 1270 (or more recent 890 or 1290) is free of any sort of printer
banding in the samples I've seen.  Those samples were made at work from our
own pictures - not the tweaked images Epson use for demonstration.

So yes, there's an advantage - the print looks like a photograph rather than
an inkjet print.  There may be disadvantages - cost per page is probably
higher, and I don't know whether the orange fade problem has been resolved.
I use a 4 colour Epson 1160 which is fine for my purposes.

If you want to learn more about Epsons, you could subscribe to the digest
versio of the leben inkjet list at www.leben.com but be warned - it's a very
busy list!

Obscanning: The quality of your scans will greatly affect the quality of
your prints.

Rob

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.