Re: filmscanners: Silverfast Unsharp Mask

I recall, as someone mentioned, that Ian Lyons had pointed up the usefulness
of USM, or perhaps sharpening in general, in Silverfast, even that it is
superior to PS, I think. There is an "Auto Sharpen" filter and the USM
filter has many parameters, even seemingly beyond those in PS.

My problem is that the preview doesn't seem quite accurate, at least not to
what one eventually sees in PS.  It does certainly seem to show the view in
actual pixels, but it looks as though it has sharpened a bit more than
anticipated once the image is viewed in PS.

Joel W.