Re: filmscanners: LS-4000, calibration and Windows XP

Maris,

> This may be what you are thinking of:
>
> "There is no scaling or color correction of the raw CCD data in the
> scanning step.  Some scanners either always or sometimes convert 10-bit or
12-bit
> CCD data to 8 bits before transferring it to VueScan, and then VueScan
> converts it back to 10-bit or 12-bit CCD data.  This is done using a gamma
> correction table (gamma 2.2 with a linear segment as specified by Rec.
709)."

yes, it is. Thank you. (When I posted I was at work with no access to
Vuescan.)

We just had this very same discussion at the Adobe Photoshop list ('where to
assign a filmscanner profile').

Regards, Barbara Nitz

--
http://www.gmx.net