RE: filmscanners: Minolta Scan Multi Pro Manual URL

Bernhard,

Wow, thanks for that URL.
I know the Tango is the best drum/high end flatbed scanner out there for
under than $100,000 so, those are simply amazing results from the 8000.
we are really moving into a new era here

I almost forgive nikon for the 6 crashes I've had today on 3.1
oh, and the banding simply is not an issue if you press 'super fine scan',
because then it disappears, though the scans get slower.

paul

> I think Nikon has always built good scanners, specially the new ED glass
> line seems to meet high standards, the only issue seems to be the banding
> problem in the 8000, that seems to show up eventually, but which should be
> fixed in the future (I hope). Despite that problem everyone who
> has the 8000
> seems to like the results it gives.
>
> On the Yahoo Piezography list there have been some threads concerning the
> 8000, one guy has posted scans of both the Nikon 8000 and the Heidelberg
> Tango drum scanner - the Nikon compares quite good in this "test"
> - the link
> to the scans is: http://homepage.mac.com/anton/NikonTango/index.html )
>
> Of course mine is just another "opinion" but I don´t think I will have the
> chance to compare them side to side - unfortunately...
>
> greetings from Berlin,
>
> Bernhard

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.