Re: filmscanners: Nikon film flatness (was Glass slide mounts)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Svante Kleist" <svante+filmscanners@nemesis.se>
To: <filmscanners@halftone.co.uk>
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2001 12:41 PM
Subject: Re: filmscanners: Nikon film flatness (was Glass slide mounts)

> Supposedly, Nikon Scan 3.1.1 is round the corner.
>
> I can't imagine that Nikon would risk their reputation
> by _not_ solving the MP / Win2000 crashes.
> (Are you reading this Nikon? How could you release
> such a pile of crap as 3.1 ?)

Doubt it... there were a couple of links i've stumbled across in searches
and definitely Nikon has no plans to solve this problem...

http://www.mail-archive.com/filmscanners@halftone.co.uk/msg14230.html

To quote from the above link... which, incidentally, is this very one! :

"It is known by Nikon that there are problems with Dual Processor PC's,
both
Windows and Mac.  Although the Product Brochures do not specifically say
the 2CPU machines will not work, neither do they say it does.  Dual
Processors are good but only for applications that are designed for them
like Photoshop.  Ours is not and probably will not be for the foreseeable
future...."

The effing nerve....

---