Re: filmscanners: Recommendations for page scanning software

Thanks, Laurie.  I got my wires crossed.  The problems I described were actually with ScanWizard Pro, the scanning software for my Microtek ScanMaker 5 flatbed scanner.  That one actually is a Photoshop plug-in.  Omnipage LE was also bundled with the flatbed and, while I did have some problems getting it to run, they were not nearly as bad as with ScanWizard Pro.  Sorry for getting the two softwares mixed up and blaming Omnipage for being worse that it really was.  But SilverFast is still number one on the heartburn meter, that I'm certain of.