filmscanners: problem with film profiles in SilverFast 5.5

I've just updated to Silverfast 5.5. I'm using Windows 2000, Photoshop 6.0
and scanning negatives. Here's my problem: When I select the Negafix
profile for the film / iso I'm actually using I get an overly contrasty
prescan with blown-out light areas. I can select nearly any other profile
and get a reasonable image. I've tried this with 3 different film types
with the same results (Portra 400NC, Supra 400, Fuji Reala). I'm
restricting the crop area to image-only real estate and have set up the
software according to Ian Lyons instructions (as I have since V5.0). I've
downloaded the latest SF version (Or14) at SF tech support's suggestion
with no improvement.

I'm getting reasonable scans, but only by using the wrong profiles. Can
anyone offer a solution?

Michael Poster

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.