Re: filmscanners: Speeding up bulk scanning

In a message dated 10/19/2001 2:17:57 PM EST, admin@seratel.ie writes:

> Is there a piece of software which will analyse images and make a good
>  guess as to which need rotating - then do it ?  It obviously would not be
>  able to cope with all pictures, but surely it could look for a blue sky at
>  the top of outdoor shots ?  Maybe even an OCR type program could look for
>  text and put it the right way up ?
>
>  Could it be built into Vuescan Ed ?

It's something I've thought of doing, especially since often images
are brighter at the top than the bottom.  However, when I last looked
into this, I couldn't find reliable heuristics.  If someone can send me
a pointer to studies on this, I'll look into it again.

Regards,
Ed Hamrick

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.