Re: filmscanners: Picture Window Pro

Count me along with Rob (& Ian & Doug) as a PWP booster.  For now I'm using
it as a 16 bit half-way house between the SS4000 & 8 bit PaintShop
Pro.  With familiarity, PWP keeps pulling functions back from the PSP stage
into the 16 bit PWP stage.

BTW, when I contacted JASC about the importance for 16 bit support in the
next version of PSP, the response was a non-committal "thanks for your
input."   Maybe there are business reasons to be coy now.  An 8 bit PSP 8
won't look good -- and that's from a v.2 to v.7 owner.

Bob G

At 09:05 AM 10/16/2001, you wrote:
>Just a short followup to my previous message about PWP.  Yes it does have
>histogram editing and yes it's 16 bit or 8bit per channel.  You can use HSV,
>HSL or RGB histograms and the same tool is also a curves tool.  I'll
>probably be using PWP in combination with Paintshop Pro to process scans
>from the LS30.
>
>Well worth checking out for those of us who can't afford the price of
>Photoshop.
>
>Rob

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.