Re: filmscanners: LS-2000 + Vuescan + SCSI + Mac OS 10.0

I am using Vuescan with my LS-2000 (and a umax powerlook 1100).  I am
running OS 10.1 and didn't try it with OS 10.0 but if you are getting a
new machine it will presumably come with 10.1 or include the upgrade.  I'm
using the Adaptec 2903B that came with the scanner and the most recent
driver provided on adaptec's web site (can't recall the address right now)
.

I have only had one problem.  On a couple of occasions I started the G4
with the scanner off and then turned the scanner on.  When I did this
vuescan would not see the scanner without restarting.  I didn't bother
trouble shooting the problem so I don't know if it is a real problem or
something stupid I did at the time -- I just turn the scanner on first.

Kevin
On Monday, October 15, 2001, at 05:58  PM, Les Berkley wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Anyone successfully using the above configuration? I am about to get a new
> Mac (prob. G4 867) and want to be sure I can use this combination without
> problems. I HAVE heard of SCSI problems with OS X. If you have this
> working,
> I would appreciate knowing what SCSI card and drivers you are using.
>
> Thank you,
> Les

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.