RE: Thanks Re: filmscanners: NikonScan 3.1 does not work under W2 K (report on tests)

At 16:11 15-10-01 -0400, you wrote:
>One thing about your original post, you mention that people who weren't
>using the Nikon supplied IEEE1394 card had no problems.  An Adaptec
>IEEE1394 card, which is presumably very good, only costs about $60.  Any
>thoughts about using one of these as a work around?  A work around that
>costs money is always less preferable but it might be worth it.

It really shouldn't make any difference because both the Adaptec card and
the Nikon OEM card use the same drivers. That would be the IEEE1394
OHCI-compatible driver that ships with Win2K as an integral part of the
operating system.

I never tried the Nikon card because the Adaptec card was already installed
in the system. However, NikonScan still crashes approximately one out of
every four or five times. That seems to rule out the Adaptec as a solution.

Cary Enoch Reinstein aka Enoch's Vision, Inc., Peach County, Georgia
http://www.enochsvision.com/, http://www.bahaivision.com/ -- "Behind all
these manifestations is the one radiance, which shines through all things.
The function of art is to reveal this radiance through the created object."
~Joseph Campbell

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.