RE: filmscanners: Nikon Scan 3.1.1 ?

>I'm running W2K on a 1.33 Athalon with 1.5gb ram, raid IDE, NTFS volumes. I

There's a trend developing here..

I have a 433 Celeron NEC Laptop with Firewire PCMCIA Adaptor by Belkin,
128mb RAM and Nikon Scan crashes all over the place. Vuescan is totally
reliable on this machine and fast. I also have an AMD Athlon 1.4 with 512MB
ram, W2K Pro & Nikon Firewire card, NTFS partitions and have never had a
crash, but have only had it running a week or so and scanned perhaps a
couple of hundred slides. Perhaps these AMD machines help in some way? Who
knows, either way the software shouldn't crash on an Intel box!!

Cheers,
Neil

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.