RE: filmscanners: Announcements for SS4000+

David, All:
        I posted a message a few weeks ago asking if any public
information is available from scanner manufacturers about whether
they will be supporting Mac OS X in their scanner software.
        While we can boot into OS 9, the shift to the new UNIX-based
OS X is rapidly taking place with the release of 10.1.  MacWorld says
they will only be reviewing OS X software products in 2002.
        Can anyone say whether Polaroid, Nikon, Canon, Minolta will
be supporting OS X with their scanner software.  I realize that
sometimes competition makes plans proprietary, but now many
manufacturers are releasing OS X compatibility statements (though
some fudge and say it is compatible in Classic (OS 9 running under OS
X).
        Thanks for the informative posts.
                Bob

--