Re: filmscanners: RE: filmscanners: nikonscan

At 11:16 AM +1000 9-10-01, Rob Geraghty wrote:

>Does the bow in the film ever change?  I know when I have showed slides
>in an autofocus slide projector, the heat of the projector often caused
>the bow in the film to reverse, requiring refocussing...

BF: I highly doubt the film curvature will change while in the scanner.

>>From what Ed has said in the past, the focus position seems to be in one
>direction only - I *think* along the length of the film.

BF: With NikonScan 3.1 on the Mac I can set a focus point anywhere on
the image and it truly seems to be a POINT not a LINE. To verify this
behavior set the focus point anywhere on the image and read the focus
value readout.  Then set the focus point at various places along a
vertical line running through the original point; you'll see that the
focus value changes.  The same holds occurs in the horizontal
direction.

--Bill
--

Bill Fernandez  *  User Interface Architect  *  Bill Fernandez Design

(505) 346-3080  *  bill@billfernandez.com  *  http://billfernandez.com