Re: filmscanners: Polaolor Vs Silverfast Scan comparison (Redexandretraction: color saturation)

Wire,
I'm curious. Why did you choose Polacolor "Color Slide 2b" rather than some of
the other film profiles they offer? What impact do you think that choice had on
the outcome versus the zeroed settings you used in Silverfast?
Brad

Wire Moore wrote:

> This note is a follow up to the comments I made comparing Silverfast 5 AI to
> Polacolor Insight on a SS4000. ..........
>
> .........Before I reveal the differences I've found, let me explain the
> process I
> used to make my new comparison:
> - I use a D65, gamma 2.2 display.
> - The test image is a Kodak IT8 Q60-E3.
> - Ensured appropriate general driver options (CMS settings, etc).
> - Set the image type. For Silverfast I selected '<custom>', zeroed the
> associated controls, and saved this as 'Motive_Raw'. For Polacolor I
> selected 'Color Slide 2b.'...............
>

> Regards,
> Wire Moore

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.