Re: filmscanners: scanning automation

Tomasz,

Sounds like you should have your images scanned to a Kodak Photo CD.

Then you have your choice of pixel size and resolution (pixels per inch) to
open the images at.

If you open all the images at one session, the open menu will retain the
same setting from image to image. Then do a batch processing in Photoshop
and you're done, in a flash.....

Polaroid Insight allows you to input a fixed target pixel dimensions. That,
combined with your scan resolution setting might get you in the ballpark.
But the scanner can't  process your images after the scan. You have to scan
at the desired output resolution to save the time afterwards.

Larry

>I wonder if with any of the 4000dpi scanners I would be able to scan the
>whole roll of film and "tell" the scanning software to automatically adjust
>color correction, contrast, sharpen to a desired degree and save the files
>in desired resolution, ie 500x800 pixels and name the files as I require.
>Is it possible at all?

Larry Berman

http://BermanGraphics.com

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.