RE: filmscanners: Silverfast vs Vuescan was Re: filmscanners: Silverfast or Polarscan

Rob is absolutely correct--both cost and user expectations (and available
time) are important factors when making a choice between SilverFast and
Vuescan or any technology for that matter.

The really nice part about Vuescan is it works extremely well with most
scanners. I was suprised to find that it produced excellent scans with my
flatbed scanner when I though I had the film scanner connected. It is nice
to have one software product to just get the job done with any one of
several scanners.

While I get really serious about using SilverFast and all the features, I
have produced similar scans with VueScan or Polarscan with very little
effort. Bottom line is I have little time invested in VueScan and a ton of
time in SilverFast.

---
Gregory Georges
www.reallyusefulpage.com