Re: filmscanners: brandnew user queries

2001-09-16-21:46:59 Bill Fernandez:
> (3) I use Falcon brand Dust Off.  They're much cheaper at Costco then
> office supply warehouses.  Be careful not to shake or tip the can
> before using it (otherwise you'll end up spraying something whitish
> that coats the film).

I've been having good luck with the Leland Powerclean line -- they
use good ol' CO2 instead of Joe Random Fluorocarbon, and seem to be
less prone to depositing a film on the film.  They use smallish steel
canisters containing 74g of CO2 (presumably under significantly higher
pressure than the Dust Off-class products, since they last awhile,
despite their diminutive size).  They're sold at B&H;  no idea where
else they might be available.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.