Re: filmscanners: NIKON LS 4000 AND D1X

The cost of a  24 x 36  6 miljon  ccd chips is today  around 2000USD.
Its takes  months to make a  chip.
Next generation of CMOS will probably cut  down the price.

The resolution from 24 x 36 chip is better than Nikon D1X   but not
significant much  better.  My friend Lars Kjellberg at Photodo have done
some tests regarding the new Kodak 760 , Nikon D1X
and Phase One backpack to Hasselblad. It was after this test I decide to buy
the Nikon D1X
If I use 100 ISO film and below there are more resolution, details in the
film ,  but the cleanness and colors are unbeatable in D1X.
Mikael Risedal