RE: filmscanners: Vuescan 7.1.1.4 not working with Microtek 8700?

Title: RE: filmscanners: Vuescan 7.1.1.4 not working with Mic
Hello Ed, Hello Dean and all of the list,
Thanks Dean for your reply; yes, I can also try to use the scanner as an USB device although I am pretty sure that it will be MUCH slow.

Do you know if the scanner as USB connection will work with VueScan 7.1.X ???.... and if this worth to use the slow USB port with Vuescan or the fast FireWire with Silverfast 5.X...... What a question and trade off?!

Any comment is appreciated :-)
Andrea

I believe that Ed has stated that Firewire on the Mac is only supported
under MacOS 10.1.  I know that the 8700 attached via Firewire doesn't show
up under 9.2.1 and VueScan 7.1.11.  Have not tried USB yet.

--
Fratelli Alinari Photo Archives and Museum
http://www.alinari.com