Re: filmscanners: Polaroid Sprint Scan 4000

>If you are going to buy one do it soon.  The $200US rebate ends at the end
>of this month.  If you can find one, they are selling for under $450 right
>now (including the rebate) as it's being replaced by a new model.  The new
>model will have 14-bit color depth and USB and Firewire interfaces.  But
>the SS4000 was a good scanner when I bought mine less than a year ago for
>$1400, so you'd be out of your mind not to buy one now.

I just checked the ecost.com website and they are now quoting a price of
$729 before rebate. It appears that the price of approx. $640 before rebate
may, in fact, have been an error. Or maybe not. Who knows? Anyway, I'm glad
I ordered mine last week! It should arrive ths week sometime. Those of you
who are on the waiting list: Did they give you the lower price?

Stan
Photography by Stan McQueen: http://www.smcqueen.com

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.