Re: filmscanners: X-ray and digital camera

> Anthony, your answer is entirely irrelevant, you
> did not read the question.  The question had
> nothing to do with the X-Rays, but the MACHINES.

You are correct; I assumed that x rays were still being addressed.  My mistake.

I'm not aware of any documented problems with magnetic fields generated by
airport scanning equipment, however.  Anything that affected magnetic computer
media would also scramble videotapes, audio tapes, credit cards, and the like,
and I know of no problems with any of these.

> There are also some airplane trays that are
> magnetic so they do not rattle (the ones in first
> class typically that fold down into the arm rest),
> and they can effect magnetic media also.

This is incorrect; it is a longstanding hoax.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.