RE: filmscanners: X-ray and digital camera

Anthony, your answer is entirely irrelevant, you did not read the question.
The question had nothing to do with the X-Rays, but the MACHINES.

The correct answer is YES, an airport security machine CAN disrupt the data
on any magnetic media.  Some of them have strong magnetics (large motors).
I would suggest that you remove the media from the camera before passing it
through, just to be safe.

There are also some airplane trays that are magnetic so they do not rattle
(the ones in first class typically that fold down into the arm rest), and
they can effect magnetic media also.

> No.  Digital cameras and digital storage media are unaffected by
> x rays.  They
> may behave strangely if they are operating _during_ the scan, but
> there is no
> lasting effect on anything.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.