Re: filter for Anthony (was Re: filmscanners: OT:X-ray fogging)

At 08:25 9/09/01 +1000, you wrote:
>I wholeheartedly agree with this and would remind list members that to
>answer this fool only serves to propagate his drivel. If everybody filters
>him and nobody answers he will effectively cease to exist !! :-)
>
>Geoff

If you filter him yourself he will effectively cease to exist in your
world. Go fer it ....

I'll go WAY OT here but maybe cause a little chuckle. I look after email
for a large group of car wreckers. They all have killfiles and stuff but
seem reluctant to use them (and have often forgotten how). They grumble at
me that I should exclude certain undesirable users from the mailing list
because they don't pay their bills or whatever. When I point out that they
can filter the user themselves they go all coy - "he might need to buy
something that only I can sell him at an inflated price and for cash". They
also get grumpy with people who mix jokes in with the message flow looking
for parts. It never helps when I point out that the "delete" button takes a
small fraction of a second to activate.

AA has his views, defends them quite rationally (for his circumstances) and
never loses his rag. A bit droidish I suppose. Stay calm though - his old
gear is going to croak one day - when it does his business will fail
instantly and he won't be interested in film scanners any more. :)

Cheers Bogeyman

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.