Re: filmscanners: OT:X-ray fogging

Harvey writes:

> None of us would be in business very long if we
> were to just go to the cheapest place for processing.

I did not address the cost of processing.

> I can't imagine telling a client, after them paying
> us $20,000 (US) for a day's work, and spending an
> additional $20,000 on models, studio rentals and
> expenses etc., that their film was scratched (because
> we went to a cheap processor) and unusable.

It can't be any worse than coming back after five days and $200,000 worth of
work and telling the client that all of it was fogged with diagonal stripes in
transit by x-ray machines.  My question would be "why didn't you take the time
to find a pro lab on location?"  There's no excuse for that sort of
incompetence, not at those prices.

> From your comments, I have a hard time believing
> that you are a professional photographer, perhaps
> you are not,  and *that* was the incorrect assumption
> on my part!

The preponderance of personal attacks in your own posts as opposed to reasoned
technical information or argument leads me to the same conclusion about you, but
perhaps we are both wrong.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.