Re: filmscanners: OT:X-ray fogging

Anthony Atkielski wrote:

 In fact, I've really never seen much of
> any reason at all not to use a one-hour lab for development; I used to try to
> stick to "pro" labs, but they cost far more, they took longer, and yet they
>used
> the exact same machines and produced identical results.

My lab here in the states uses dip and dunk processing. No machine. What
if there is a little piece of something in the machine and you end up
with scratches across your film? This hasn't happened to me, when using
machines, I admit, but when it's really important (like for a client) I
use the dip and dunk method.

Also, here is a web site for anyone who's interested in more xray
information: http://www.f-stop.org/

By the way, at least in the third world countries I've been in, I've
been successful in charming (?!) my way through the xray point, and
getting some nice person to hand inspect my film. But one time, I forgot
there was film in my camera (asa 400) and it went through the hand xray
twice - in Hong Kong (notorious for strong xray) and it was not fogged.
It's the checked baggage you have to worry about.

Barbara White
Barbara White/Architectural Photography
http://www.barbarawhitephoto.com

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.