Re: filmscanners: Re: filmscanners: OT:X-ray fogging

At 12:04 PM 9/7/2001 +1000, Rob Gerahty wrote:
>The problem I experienced when travelling in the USA is the number of
>transfers
>it takes to get anywhere.  Direct flights in the US are few and far between
>with the airlines all hubbing through somewhere.

My experience has almost always been that, when transferring to a
connecting flight, the transfer is made behind the security perimeter. You
don't have to be re-scanned to make a connection. The only exception I have
ever encountered is when forced to collect baggage and re-check-in at the
ticket counter, such as when flying Southwest from Salt Lake City to Dallas.

I just put my film in my hand baggage and don't worry about it. I've never
had any fogged. I did request (and get, amazingly enough) a hand check of
some Kodak 3200 speed film at DeGaulle Airport in Paris.

Stan
Photography by Stan McQueen: http://www.smcqueen.com

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.