filmscanners: Re: Vuescan Image or Slide film

At 10:15 PM +0200 9/2/01, Erik Kaffehr wrote:
>I use Vuescan with my Minolta Dimage Scan Multi. I'm very satisfied with
>Vuescan. Still, I have some questions:
>
>It seems to me that I get the best results with:
>
>Media type: Image
>Color balance: Neutral
>
>I feel that White balance tends to a little yellowish highlights.
>
>If I set Media type to "Slide film" I get quite different colors, which are
>less to my taste. I mainly use Velvia and some Provia F.

        I agree almost completely. I hardly ever use anything except
"Image" for scanning slides in my Scan Dual II (and Canon FS2710
before that). Occasionally a particular problem slide responds well
to one of the "Slide Film" types, but not very often.
        I do find that either White Balance or Auto Levels works with
most slides (can never tell until I try which one is going to work
better for any given slide), but some slides work best with
"Neutral". Agreed that "White Balance" sometimes gives yellowish
highlights.

Regards,
Roger Smith

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.