Re: Getting around the firewire problem was Re: filmscanners: Best film scann

On Sun, 26 Aug 2001 10:56:12 +0200  Anthony Atkielski
(atkielski.anthony@wanadoo.fr) wrote:

> The public has been very well brainwashed with respect to computer
> equipment.
> Not only do people not find it odd that they are expected to junk their
> computers every year or so and buy completely new hardware and software,

There are signs that Windows XP may indeed be an OS too far, and the
expected round of upgrades to bloated faster/fatter PC's may not happen. A
bit more recession, a bit more admin worries about supporting the
megalomanic MS online system authorisation scheme... In which case the
whole Wintel plot goes down the toilet, the s/w developer upgrade
gravytrain stalls, and, er, I guess we'd all better learn Linux.

If it does happen, Apple will of course laugh themselves silly and then
manage to price themselves straight out of the market yet again. Shame,
they were doing so well.

But you will at least have the pyrrhic satisfaction of telling Nikon 'I
told you so'.

Regards

Tony Sleep
http://www.halftone.co.uk - Online portfolio & exhibit; + film scanner info