Re: filmscanners: OT: LCD monitors for photo editing

Cary writes:

> Why do you suppose Apple is moving away from CRT's?

Because flat-panel displays look a lot more attractive, and Apple is trying to
expand its markets.  Most users do not require precise color and luminosity in a
display.

> It's not because they want to risk ditching all
> their graphics industry customers. I'm on a
> Windows 2000 PC, btw.

Graphics users of Macs can continue to use CRTs, so that isn't a problem.  CRTs
are still much more controllable in terms of color and luminosity than
flat-panel displays.  For critical work, the difference is important.  Photo
work would be the most critical of all, and catalog photography would probably
be the most critical type of photo work.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.