RE: filmscanners: Sharpness of color chrome vs color negative.

Not totally (which should not surprise you); but we are getting there. :-)
If I understand your requirements, each film should contain the same
photograph of the same subject taken at the same time (so to speak) under
the exact same lighting with the same or equivalent equipment.  In addition;
each film should be scanned by the same scanner in the same way under the
same conditions and with the exact same settings; and each should be output
to the same exact monitor for display and viewing upon which the evaluation
will be based.

>Identical images, shot at the same time from the same angles etc.

I got that much; what I was really asking was not the same lighting source
at the time of the taking of the image but rather at the time of viewing the
processed films.  I think you got at this by suggesting both were to be
scanned images as viewed via a monitor.  If that is correct, you indirectly
answered my inquiry; if not, than it remains open for further specification.

Assuming my understandings are correct, all I can say is "let the games
begin." :-)  However, I would respectfully submit that this may tell us more
about which type of film scans and displays sharper than which is actually
capable of capturing a sharper image on the film; and as such may not really
be getting at the question you asked unless your concern is with scanned and
monitor displayed images only.