Re: filmscanners: Comparing scanners

"Mike Duncan" <mgduncan@esper.com> wrote:
> >Just a thought - I don't know the guts of how Photoshop produces
histograms,
> >so this may not work as well as I think it could... Would it be a useful
> >comparison of scanners to scan the same slide with Vuescan to raw files
> >and compare the histograms?
> I suggest Stouffer gray target from www.darkroom-innovations.com. You'll
> find media settings in VS make big difference in OD range.

A gray target would be nice but I don't think I could afford the import at
the moment.  Media settings probably do affect OD range as they would be
curve transforms of some sort based on the film response curve.  They
shouldn't affect the raw scans; as far as I know, only the brightness
setting affects the raw scan by changing the integration time.

Rob

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.