Re: filmscanners: Best film scanner, period!!!

"Anthony Atkielski" <atkielski.anthony@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> > don't get mad at nikon.
> Why not?  They could have just as easily included an SCSI interface and NT
> drivers, as they did for previous scanners.  I know I'm not alone in
running
> configurations like this.  I guess they didn't want our business.  I hope
they
> aren't planning to change lens mounts as well.

Guess what - the capitalist economy is built on making things obsolete.
Microsoft
is guaranteed to make the next version of Windows use more RAM and a faster
CPU because that keeps Intel and their other buddies in business.  Nikon
have
packaged the LS4000 expecting people to have a certain specification of PC.
I understand that you're annoyed because of the hassle of upgrading, but
that's
your choice.  You can buy a cheap new machine to do the scanning as I
suggested, or you can take your business to another manufacturer who does
provide SCSI.  Either way your computer will be obsolete at some point.
You just have to decide when to cut your losses.

Rob

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.