RE: filmscanners: Re: Polaroid SS120 Scan Size

The fine movement is controled by a precision worm gear of which a portion
is highly calibrated at the factory. This information is stored in the
firmware so we know EXACTLY where the slide is in relation to its position
on the worm gear at all times. The length of this calibrated section is the
limiting factor. We will eventually be able to scan the 6 x 17 and present
the user with the entire image. In actuality we will scan both portions and
stitch. Stiching in one direction is not that difficult, just time and a lot
of data to move around.
By the way the sensor and light source are fixed, it is the carriage that
moves.
David

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.