RE: filmscanners: MF scanner for 120 strips

Tony,

I suspect you do mostly transparency work and commercial/editorial work.
Thus, it is highly likely that, if and when you have your color negative
films commercially processed, you get contact proof sheets; and if you
process your own color negative film, you make contact proof sheets and use
a manual enlarger to make your prints.

In the US, at least, a large number of medium format color negative users
are wedding and portrait photographers who send their color negative film
out to be processed and proofed by automated processors and printers.  These
films are cut apart into individual frames and sleeved separately in
separate bags with the identifying information as to roll number and frame
number as well as possibly color printing info that correspond with the
individual proof prints that have the same info on their backs.
Furthermore, when ordering standard enlargements and croppings without any
custom dodging and burning, most portrait and wedding photographers use labs
that employ automated printing systems that utilize aperture cards that
require one to tape an individual frame to the card according to very
specific instructions so that the card negative package can be inserted into
the printer and printed.