RE: filmscanners: film vs. digital cameras - wedding/commercial photography

> One way to (sorry for the term) visualize this is to think of the original
> Technicolor process, which is created from three black and white negatives
> exposed through a single lens, split by (I assume) a prism.
> Technicolor is a
> monochrome film process yielding color results (and the best
> color fidelity,
> when done right). The fact that three negatives capture the image does not
> increase the resolution, which is fixed by the lens/film combination. The
> resolution is that of one of the single color channels, in this case film
> (actually, it must be lower, but that is a few other cases).

Try thinking about it this way.  Each of the negatives was exposed through a
mask with holes in it.  Each mask is offset from the other ones, such that
they don't share any of the same image information.  Does that increase the
resolution or not?  If not, why?

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.