Re: filmscanners: Re: filmscanners: Why not sRGB ?

Anthony wrote:

>I'm not sure ... what do you mean by "reference color"?

OK, I'm probably not using the proper terminology here. I mean that if I
select color R=0/G=181/B=145 (which may or may not approximate the general
hue and brightness of Rob's "turquoise" slide--I'm working from color-memory
of a limestone-sand lagoon in the Bahamas), can I not then "suggest" to
Photoshop in one of the color-correction adjustments that *this* is the
color that I want at this certain point, and to key the entire picture or
selection to that color point?  Does that make sense?  I thought I'd seen
this capability in a PS manual or here on the list, but I might be mistaken.

>I've only used the full version of PS, so I'm not sure what Adobe removes
>in the LE version.

Not enough to cripple its usability, but enough to frustrate a user "into
the middle of next week," sometimes. I don't know that their newer
"Essentials" version is any better. At least one version, which came bundled
with one of my periphs, is a "toy" program that's also incompatible with
several other "real" programs, and no longer on my HD.

Best regards--LRA