RE: filmscanners: Nikon 8000

> >It is caused by the scanner
> >design.  The inside of the scanner collects dust, and it is not
> >removed...nor can it be cleaned...
>
> I'm not having any of the problems you describe. I still suggest it's
> your (dusty) environment!

...if that were the case, my Leafscan would have the same problem, and it
does not!  That scanner design is prone to stirring the dust inside the
scanner, and some of it will deposit on the film...it's quite simple I
believe!  If there is nothing to (help) remove the dust inside the scanner,
it's bound to happen...unless the scanner spent it's entire life in a
hermetically sealed environment...but I doubt that.

I do NO dust spotting of my Leafscan scans and I am VERY picky about ANY
dust spots on my scans...I just make sure the film is stored properly, and
take care making sure there is no dust on the film before I put it in the
scanner...and scans from my Leafscan have NO dust on them.

My SS4k, no matter what I did, had dust spots...put film in with no dust,
comes out with dust...  Perhaps you are just not as picky about "no dust" as
I am...and the dust on my SS4k scans would have been acceptable to you...
Of course I got scans that had no dust...it wasn't like every scan had
dust...but I'd say 1/3 or so had "some" dust.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.